At Robert Le Kyng we understand that every child is different and every stage of childhood can present its own unique challenges! Parenting isn’t an easy job and at times things can get tough which is when as a parent or carer you may want a little extra support or guidance.
As a Parent Support Advisor I can:
- Provide a listening ear to parents/carers in a confidential, non-judgmental way
- Meet parents/carers in school and at home to provide ongoing support
- Work as a link between home and school to foster a positive relationship
- Discuss issues and concerns and help develop strategies to help you, your child and your family around behaviour management, sleep routines and positive parenting
- Suggest services and other agencies available who could help and support you in a range of situations
- Refer to food banks and other organisations that provide practical support
- Aid and encourage good attendance
We would encourage all parents/carers to get in touch, especially to let the school know about anything important that is happening at home. We want our children to be settled and ready to learn and will support you with any home situation that may affect your children’s ability to do this.
Parents/carers do not need to be referred, instead can contact myself, Tara Ward – Parent Support Advisor directly via the school office or by emailing email@example.com