These website links will support parents in the issue of e-safety.
If you have any e-safety concerns, you can contact Mrs Barnard via the school office, your child’s teacher or Mrs Smith.
- Chat Danger – a website all about the potential dangers of interactive online services like chat, instant messaging, email and mobiles.
- Childnet International – plenty of advice and teachers’ resources. Look for the ‘Prank or Pain’ link through their ‘Know it All’ project link.
- Internet Watch Foundation – support website with information on filtering, protection, and an area to report illegal content.
- Cyberbully – contains links to useful online documents such as a guide to cyber-bullying and an educator’s guide.
- “Staying Safe in a Wired World: a parent’s guide to Internet safety” by Rob Nickel. A recently published book about most of the technologies used on the Internet and instructions on how to keep children safe while in cyberspace. Available to buy from Amazon.
For more information, please see the Robert Le Kyng Internet safety document